When we blog about social media, we’re mostly talking about its growing influence on marketing and B2B relations – but websites like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube are showing a growing influence over our daily lives, too.
Have you ever wondered who else is using social media? Who else is online while you’re on? How many people around the world are members? Check out these statistics.
- According to the Social Media Examiner, there are currently over 800 million people using Facebook as active members. One-quarter – about 200 million – joined in 2011.
- The average Facebook user has about 130 friends.
- According to a survey by Mashable, 57% of users “like” a brand because they want to receive discounts and promotions.
- 20% of marketers claim to have closed a deal using Twitter, according to a report from AllTwitter.
- Twitter has over 100 million active members (members who log in at least once per month). Half of those log in daily.
- 32% of users will retweet for an offered incentive. 92% will retweet interesting content.
- 40% of Twitter users don’t actually tweet! These users simply check their timelines to check out what their friends are up to.